Deals

Last night, Andrew and I made a dreaded trip to Truxel Road, an alarming and chaotic multi-plaza shopping area containing every big-box chain store imaginable. I may have written about Truxel before, but it bears repeating: the parking system is awful, clearly designed by a sadistic maniac, and we once saw a man walking across the parking lot carrying a snake. It is among the worst places on earth. Needless to say, we hate Truxel Road.

However, I needed to go to Michael’s for a crafting item for something I’m making Andrew, and I needed paper from Staples. We expected to get these things. What we didn’t expect was to find ridiculous deals. Andrew got a pair of Asics sneakers for $17 at Famous Footwear, down from $60. And I got a brand-new laser printer for $25 at Staples, down from over $100. We spent the money we’d “saved” from our new purchases and went out to dinner (once we’d escaped Truxel Road with our haul). Those are Gabe’s-caliber deals, right here in NorCal.

Comments