Carrots

The food adventure has begun. Yesterday for lunch, Lucia had some steamed, pureed organic carrots. She gamely opened her mouth for the first bite, expecting, I think, the usual rice cereal; the look on her face was one of shock and confusion at first, but then her doubtful grimace gave way to a smile. She liked them!

Yesterday also brought another first: the first time Andrew handled bedtime by himself. I went to a breastfeeding support group from six to eight, so Andrew was on his own for the evening, as well as bath, feeding, and putting to sleep. He took her on their nightly "nature walk" around the backyard (a tactic that seems to keep the evening Fusskins at bay), and then went through the whole routine. It was a great success; he said she kept looking around for me, but she was fine and went to sleep easily.

A big day for a little baby.

Comments

The Larchars said…
I just spent two hours trying to get my little one to sleep and out of exhaustion decided to "blog hop" for the first time on blogger. Yours popped up and since you mentioned Spain and I used to live in Portugal, I browsed a bit. I had to say, it was so fun to read some of your posts. Your little girl is SOOOOO beautiful. Those eyes are mesmerizing! Good luck with her. What a sweetheart!