Thursday, February 04, 2016

Grilled Cheese

We went out to dinner tonight after swimming lessons, since Andrew was working from home. The girls were enthralled with their new Shopkins. Still, Greta found a way to make the meal difficult.

ME: Girls, your choices are cheeseburger, grilled cheese, macaroni and cheese, macaroni and butter, or chicken fingers.

LUCIA: Grilled cheese, please.

GRETA: Chicken fingers!

ME: Greta, you don't like chicken fingers. How about grilled cheese, or macaroni and cheese?

GRETA: I WANT CHICKEN FINGERS.

ME: But you don't like chicken fingers.

GRETA: I WANT THEM I WANT THEM I WANT THEM I WANT THEM I WANT THEM!!!

ME: Fine. Are you going to eat them?

GRETA: Yes.

We order. The girls play with their Shopkins. The dinners arrive, and the waitress puts a plate of chicken fingers in front of Greta.

GRETA: I DON"T WANT CHICKEN!!!! I WANT GRILLED CHEESE!!!

She eats nothing but fries. Lucia devours her grilled cheese and two of Greta's chicken fingers. Dinner.


No comments: