Grilled Cheese

We went out to dinner tonight after swimming lessons, since Andrew was working from home. The girls were enthralled with their new Shopkins. Still, Greta found a way to make the meal difficult.

ME: Girls, your choices are cheeseburger, grilled cheese, macaroni and cheese, macaroni and butter, or chicken fingers.

LUCIA: Grilled cheese, please.

GRETA: Chicken fingers!

ME: Greta, you don't like chicken fingers. How about grilled cheese, or macaroni and cheese?

GRETA: I WANT CHICKEN FINGERS.

ME: But you don't like chicken fingers.

GRETA: I WANT THEM I WANT THEM I WANT THEM I WANT THEM I WANT THEM!!!

ME: Fine. Are you going to eat them?

GRETA: Yes.

We order. The girls play with their Shopkins. The dinners arrive, and the waitress puts a plate of chicken fingers in front of Greta.

GRETA: I DON"T WANT CHICKEN!!!! I WANT GRILLED CHEESE!!!

She eats nothing but fries. Lucia devours her grilled cheese and two of Greta's chicken fingers. Dinner.


Comments