Just Popping In


Early last week, my parents called to see if they could stop by for a brief visit with my aunt and uncle and give them a tour of the house. They did; we exchanged a few items and chatted; they left. Later in the week, they called again, saying they were heading to the Strip District with friends and wanted to stop over to show them the house. They did; we chatted; they left. Yesterday, Andrew, the kids, and I drove to Connellsville in the morning and spent the day at my parents' house. Andrew and I went out to do some final kids' birthday shopping, while the girls visited my parents' friend with a new cotton candy maker, played dress-up, and practiced walking on stilts. We all had dinner together, and then we went home. 

I know the world is totally upside down right now, but these casual visits--popping in! visiting for the day!--are my own life's version of being through the looking glass, in a good way. We knew in theory it would be this way, and here we are. It's pretty great. The kids are still kind of irked that we don't just live in Connellsville, but they're starting to understand that an hour's drive is not bad at all. 

Comments