There and Back

Since I last posted, I've been to Pittsburgh and back. I left on Wednesday morning, taking the Dartmouth Coach to Boston Logan for my flight. My interview was scheduled for Thursday afternoon. But the best laid plans etc etc. The terrible weather and storms brought chaos to air travel on Wednesday, and my flight ended up being delayed for five hours as the weather systems moved and changed. All flights were grounded across the Northeast. We boarded, waited, deplaned, waited, boarded, waited. It was dreadful. And so stressful, since I knew there was no option but to get to Pittsburgh that night. Another passenger felt the same, and we decided we'd drive together if the flight was cancelled.

But it wasn't! It did, miraculously, take off. I didn't get home till after midnight, but I did get home. And I got some sleep and did the interview Thursday afternoon. Then I had dinner with Mom and Dad, went to bed early, and got up at 4:00am for my flight back to NH.

Which is where I am now, like I've never been away. The weather is much better now, warm and sunny. We relaxed for the afternoon then visited with our cousins tonight, and the girls swam in their pool.

I'm very very tired. But this very complex piece of our trip is done. Whew. 

Comments