Spring Bounty

The farmer’s market is starting to feature some of the first vestiges of summer. We’ve seen strawberries there for a couple of weeks now, but now there are even more strawberries, and even the first few tomatoes. Artichokes and asparagus are in full display. We took some pictures there on Sunday; and Monday night, I made some stuffed artichokes that turned out, if I do say so myself, splendidly. Enjoy some of California’s spring bounty:


Some paper-wrapped flowers


Fresh asparagus


Selecting a giant head of lettuce


Excited about making the first fresh pesto of the season


My masterpiece

Comments

Michelle said…
Those are indeed beautiful artichokes! I'm headed to the first farmers market of the spring in Yellow Springs tomorrw. I'm hoping to find asparagus-- prob. not artichokes:)