Post #400, and Why Aren't We in Barcelona?

First off, it's my four hundredth post. A lot has happened since I started this blog; four hundred posts ago, I was living in Brooklyn, unmarried, and unpregnant, with a more or less sparsely stamped passport and no idea where, oh, a place like Girona was, let alone that I'd ever visit or get engaged there. How far--distance-wise; not sure about the rest yet--we've come!

Barcelona was on my mind a lot today, because this afternoon was the Champions League final, and FC Barcelona was facing Manchester United. They dominated the game, and won; and as the final seconds ticked by, bright pink flares began glowing in the packed stadium as the Catalans went crazy. If only we were in Barcelona tonight! In 2006, FCB also won the championship, and Andrew and I were right there, watching the game in a packed bar and herding with everyone else to La Rambla afterward. I missed Barcelona while I was watching. I felt like we should be there, like we're still a part of things somehow. We'll go back, of course--we have to introduce our baby early on to the city we love!

Comments