Summer: Tues., 6/25

Busy busy day. Each girl had a friend over in the morning, reminding me how much I generally dislike having children who aren't mine over to our house. There are easy playdates and not so easy playdates. It's better when only one kid has a friend over at a time, I think.

Anyway. We got through that and then had a little downtime in the afternoon. L&G are really obsessed with making Rainbow Loom jewelry, so they did that for a while. Both did some reading. (The bonus book bins are a big hit.) We headed to the pool in the late afternoon, for Float Night--a favorite. The kids brought duck floats I'd gotten at Rural King last year. They had a blast. The pool is a solid sea of floats on Float Night, a nightmare for the lifeguards, but it's always fun. We had to leave early, though, because it was also the opening night of the Turnover Sale--my own favorite summer event. I'm going to miss almost all the sale dates this summer, but I'm so happy we got to go on opening night. Usually I go alone, but the girls were very excited about going, and I'm glad they came: they're turning into essential rummage-sale helpers. Both of them spotted things I would have overlooked, and we came away with a good haul:

--a tag-on Maileg Mouse (Greta found this)
--a few cute unused craft kids
--some art supplies
--a puzzle
--a cube of Table Topics cards I'd almost just bought on Amazon for $25
--some Sweet Valley Twins books
--a wooden cutting board for our tinker space
--mortar and pestle for our tinker space
--a collection of tiny silver bowls, purpose unknown
--a coffee grinder (Andrew's selection)

When we got home, the kids were starving, and no amount of food seemed to be enough. They kept eating and eating. Summer growth spurts, perhaps? Or maybe just lots of running around and swimming.

Comments