Summer: Cape May: Thursday 8-1-24

Today was a perfect beach day. No wind, sunny, warm. I went on a run in the morning--my first time actually hitting three miles. That's the conclusion of my C25K program, and though I have definitely improved, I am not yet ready to run a 5K. But it was (gasp) satisfying to hit this achievement.

We spent the whole afternoon on the beach. Lots of swimming, skim boarding, and wave jumping. Greta is still breaking out in a heat rash after being in the sun, which is mysterious. But otherwise it was an excellent day. 

We had leftovers for dinner and then went into town for ice cream. The adults scandalized the kids by opting NOT for the usual Kohr's. Molly, Mom, and Dad got hard scoops from Uncle Charley's. Andrew and I chose gourmet ice cream sandwiches from Peace Pie. We had someone take a family picture of us as we sat on a bench on the Washington Mall. I bought a wave ring at Across the Way, and Greta bought a Cape May hat with a shark on it. 

We played games back at the house. A few of us made pipe cleaner dogs throughout the day.

Comments