Night and Day

Yesterday, a woman from a gutter cleaning service called me to arrange a time for our gutters to be cleaned. She'd spoken to our landlord, and he specifically told her to arrange the cleaning with me so I could make sure they didn't come during Lucia's naptime. This was so thoughtful, and it wasn't the first time--he always calls before doing lawn work, etc. to make sure he comes when she's not sleeping.

I had to write about this since it's such a far cry from my landlord in Brooklyn, who surprised me on moving-out day by a) driving up from his home in Florida and ringing my buzzer early in the morning wearing a fishing vest and gangster-style sunglasses, b) bringing with him a bowie knife and a whole lot of crazy, and c) proceeding to go into all the shops on my street while I loaded my U-Haul, telling the workers he owned the block and taking pictures as "proof" of who knows what.

I don't think he would have cared about Lucia's naptime. In fact, I think I may have felt the urge to hide Lucia in his presence.

Comments