Quarantine: Mon. 6/1 - Tues. 6/2

It's more than a little absurd to write about the nuts and bolts of daily life when society is in free fall. There are words to say on this. I'm not the one to say them. I'm donating money to needed organizations and buying books by black authors from black-owned bookstores. (The kids' bonus-books baskets will have an influx of new titles soon.) Small things that I can do for now.

And going about daily life, I guess, though homeschool feels more pointless by the day. We still have about three weeks to go, and I wish they'd find a way to just...call it done. Give the kids a reading list of books that speak to this moment, and call it a day.

Legos are still taking up every second of the kids' spare time, and the School for Good and Evil books are still their focus. The new one was released today; I'd preordered it, but it didn't arrive. Lucia was checking the porch every five minutes all day. I hope it comes tomorrow.

That's it. Off to read and watch the news.

Comments