Quarantine: Thurs. 6/18

We're definitely feeling the transition to the end of the school year. Everyone's at loose ends. The kids are supposed to do a "passion project" over the summer, and I'm trying to steer them into working on making cabinets of curiosities, mostly because a) I myself want to make a cabinet of curiosities, and b) I have two enormous old printer's trays that would be absolutely perfect for this. I envision a lot of collecting, researching, identifying, labeling, categorizing. It's an amazing idea, IMHO. Now the kids just have to understand that THIS IS THEIR PASSION and we can get started. (Or we'll do cats and Greek myths for their project, which is what they CLAIM they want to do, and do this on the side.)

Today was gloomy. The fridge got fixed. The girls had zoom piano lessons. I'm determined to clean out all the junk in our house and have been listing stuff for sale. Big-volume stuff. This house is out of control. And the coins desperately need to be sorted.*

(*those who know me will know to read this as, "I'm overwhelmed by my life and will be focusing on the least impactful task I can think of instead of actually tackling any decision making")

But! I have a super fun event coming up on Saturday, 6pm, another virtual reading, this time with four amazing authors (Marie-Helene Bertino, Mary South, Lee Klein, and Erica Jong) as part of Les Bleus Literary Salon. I've been attending these readings for many weekends now, and it's a lovely way to pass an hour. If you're up for some literariness, join us. Email Les Bleus via their Instagram to get the zoom link. https://www.instagram.com/lesbleusliterarysalon/


Comments