Summer: Tues. 6/15

 Today was a day of life stuff, a lot of things that just added up to an entire day. First--I got Farrah a vet appointment this morning, and had to leave here there while she had x-rays and bloodwork done. Poor little thing. We were so so so worried. Happily, all of the tests were fine, and her vomiting seems to be nothing more than a stomach bug and slight fever. She got some medicine and some prescription canned food, which so far she has refused to eat. I tried to feed it to her on a teaspoon and she backed slowly, suspiciously, away. 

That took up most of the morning. Then our bed was delivered--a Joybird bed I actually hadn't expected until August. Two guys had to build it in our bedroom, which took quite a bit of time. It looks so nice. Andrew doesn't seem to love the amethyst velvet I chose, but I think it's fantastic. He'll come around, I trust.

The kids had camp, a good day for both of them. Lucia was in the water all day SUP'ing and kayaking. She came home exhausted. 

We stopped at the library later in the afternoon to pick up a free book for the Summer Reading program; later, we went to Millie's for ice cream to redeem some reading rewards. Free books and free ice cream--pretty nice motivators (not that my kids need any external reading motivation).

It was around this time that Andrew wanted to kill us all. Parking around Millie's was impossible; someone drove up too close behind him so he couldn't parallel park; and then on the way home I forced him to pull over to pick up a three-tier shelf from someone's trash, and then two outdoor chairs from someone else's, and the chairs wouldn't fit in the trunk because I'd thrown the bike rack in there, etc. Then he accused me of driving too slowly on a main road, he was just anguished and confused that I was going so slowly, which made me laugh hysterically. "I don't understand what's funny," Lucia said, and I said I was laughing because we've been Married For A Long Time. 

Comments