Summer: Wed. 6/9

 I got up early and went to Target. No one was there. I bought many bottles of sunscreen and other random things totalling over $200. How? I don't know. This is what I missed not going to Target during the past year. 

It was very cloudy today and the kids seemed to need a pool break. They were immersed once again in paper crafting in the basement, cutting out paper dolls and paper foods. Greta made some pink lemonade; Lucia made some brownies; we went to the library; we had lunch. Later in the afternoon, they decided they DID want to go to the pool, so we went for a pleasant hour. Then we took Farrah for a walk.

Halfway through the morning, a location scout knocked on our door, asking if he could look around and take pictures of some of the rooms for a possible shoot of a new MGM movie. Credentials verified, he came in and took pics of our extremely, extremely, extremely messy house. He mused that the kitchen cupboards weren't the right color; I invited him to renovate extensively throughout the house, ha ha. We'll see what happens. There was a Netflix shoot across the street a few months ago. It's a photogenic neighborhood.

The kids are still reading like crazy. Lucia is super excited about her sixth-grade required reading, and Greta is really getting into some new series. Tonight Lucia gathered up a big pile of her absolute favorites for Greta and was ecstatic when Greta said she'd read them--usually, Greta automatically refuses to read anything Lucia insists she HAS TO READ. They're already planning the books they want to take to NH (in July). Aw. They really are my kids. I'm sure they'll end up in therapy down the line to deal with a whole host of things I did wrong...but their love of reading, no matter what else they take away from my parenting, is a win. Will I be able to navigate the middle-school years by regularly offering large stacks of carefully selected books? I hope so. I have no other strategies. 

Question of the Day: Should we get another mini labradoodle when we're in NJ next weekend Y or N (The answer is obviously YES, but really no, because Farrah will already be traumatized that we're leaving her for a week and might never get over the betrayal of our returning with another dog.)

Comments