Days

Friday, August 12

Drove back home from Cville, after a morning of piano, calligraphy, and Balderdash. It was also Nutmeg's third birthday! Her first birthday with us. We gave her two bags of treats and a new tri-entry tunnel.

Saturday, August 13

The girls and I went to a book sale in the morning, at a church near our house. We went to this same sale last year, and we had good luck again. Then I had a tennis lesson, and in the afternoon Greta had a friend over and we all went up to the pool. Later, the girls and I walked to town to have dinner at Taiwanese Bistro Cafe 33, where we sat outside.

Sunday, August 14

Watered plants, did laundry, vacuumed, cleaned up. Both girls went to a birthday party at Urban Air in Cranberry (it was for one of Lucia's friends, but siblings were also invited). Another parent drove them, and I drove five girls home. We watched Cheaper by the Dozen tonight.

It feels like summer is speeding to a close...Trying to fit in lots of things the next two weeks. Sneaker shopping tomorrow, Lucia's haircut Wednesday, and a tech appointment for me on Friday to have someone try to get my frustratingly slow PC to work better before I actually start working again in two weeks. 

What We're Reading

Lucia - The Last Cuentista by Donna Barba Higuera

Greta - #1 in yet another Rick Riordan series, the Kane series I think? They all look the same to me. She found the entire hardcover series at the booksale on Saturday.

Margo - The Displacements by Bruce Holsinger

Andrew - I...don't know? Maybe he started something new in the days he's been away.





Comments