Rolling Over

Lucia, enamored with her newfound ability to roll from back to tummy, now does it constantly. If I put her down on the floor on her back, I can barely take my hands away before she flips herself over. This afternoon, I heard her wake up from her nap, but she wasn’t crying so I let her stay in her crib for a few minutes. But as the minutes went by with no call from Lucia, I went to the doorway of the nursery to see what she was up to. Suddenly, I saw the crown of a little head pop up above the side of the crib—she’d rolled over in her crib, a first.

Right now, as I type this, I am trying to get her to take a much-needed second nap. But every few minutes I hear crying, go to the doorway, and see that little head again. She seems to have forgotten how to turn herself the other way, even though she was a pro at it just a few months ago.

In other news, I’ve made the bold decision to forget about the arbitrary, self-imposed food restrictions I set in place when Lucia was a newborn and I was desperate to find “causes” for her crying. I’m once again eating cheese, yogurt, ice cream, and tomatoes. When given the opportunity, I will eat broccoli. I’m a little wary about citrus, but I’ll ease into this one, too. Andrew and I got Blizzards last night to celebrate. And Lucia is fine.

Comments

Michelle said…
huzzah. enjoy the ice cream:)
Beth said…
I've already stopped eating chocolate and I'm thinking about cutting out tomatoes, and Rowan is only 12 days old. Sigh.