Some Sleep

I got some sleep last night. Some, a few hours, which felt like I’d cleared a major hurdle. I took melatonin last night, as well as a packet of “Ionic Fizz” in some hot water that the woman at the health food store said would help balance my minerals after all the lost sleep. So, minerals balanced and circadian rhythm coaxed into submission, I did manage to sleep. We’ll see how tonight goes. I’d like to avoid actually taking the prescription sedative my doctor gave me, so we’ll do melatonin again tonight and see if I can’t get back to normal this way first.

A side benefit to this week of insomnia is that we’re managing to break Lucia’s habit of 4 or 5 a.m. feedings. I’ve been so out of it that Andrew’s been handling the middle-of-the-night waking—and he just soothes her quickly back to sleep, no rocking or feeding required.

In other news: Lucia is 14 pounds 7.5 ounces, right on track for her, and she’s now in the 65th percentile for height! And today she rolled over from back to tummy for the very first time. So exciting. We’ve been trying to prompt her with that for a couple of weeks now, and today it just clicked. She whipped over to her side, ran into the obstacle of her arm, but this time she gave a little extra oomph and completed the turn.

Comments