Robust

Greta had her two-month checkup yesterday and weighed in at a hefty 11 pounds, 1 ounce. She’s 23 ¼ inches long. The doctor called her “robust.” Robust! I can’t believe I have a robust child, especially since this child was born three weeks early. I sort of wonder if she’s eventually going to catch up to and then surpass Lucia. Lucia didn’t hit 12 pounds till she was eighteen weeks old. More importantly, this all means that Greta is probably going to grow into six-month clothes this winter, and all Lucia’s old six-month clothes are sundresses and sleeveless onesies. So much for hand-me-downs.

Greta is also smiling and cooing and just generally being adorable these days. She continues to run hot and cold with the pacifier, accepting it grudgingly now and then but always spitting it out just before or immediately after falling asleep. She loves to look at Lucia. And today when we were playing with her and making faces at her, she mirrored me when I stuck out my tongue, which Lucia thought was hilarious.

Comments