Greta's First Week in Pre-K

There were no tears from Greta on the first day of pre-K! As I said in my last post, I really thought it could go either way--no tears or big tears. But she was excited to go, and joined the children in the pre-K line with nary a backward glance. And it's been like that all week. She's talking about new friends, the pre-K kindness cheer, and center time. At the end of the day, she plays on the hill outside the school with her friends.

There's something about the pre-K teachers that's truly magic. Even after just one week, I see a change in the little miss. This makes me happy....and sad. She's my baby!

One of the things I've had to talk to L&G about a lot lately is tone. From school and YouTube videos, they'd picked up "Duh!" with its attendant insolence and eye-rolling. I explained that saying "duh" isn't polite, that it is, in fact, rude, and they took it to heart. If they slip, they theatrically clap their hands over their mouths. And now it's gotten really hilarious because they'll pounce on each other for doing it--"MOM!! GRETA SAID 'DUH'!!!" Lucia will yell. And Greta will immediately defend herself: "I didn't say 'duh.' I said...'suh.'" "MOM, GRETA SAID 'SUH'." "Greta, you shouldn't say 'suh.'" Now and then, they'll look at me and say, "We can't say 'duh,' or 'suh,' or 'buh.'" 

We have some funny conversations these days.




Comments