Summer: Mon. 6/26

Got in an hour of writing time this morning before Greta woke up at 7:30. Lucia didn't wake up till 8:45. We had a leisurely time reading books on the porch, the girls still in their nightgowns. I'm reading A Little Princess to them. They seem like they're enjoying it.

Today was fairy garden day, and all three of us made super cute gardens in big pots. I dug up a bunch of moss so the gardens would have mossy surfaces. We added a ton of glass stones and other embellishments--rocks, acorn caps, figurines. I want to add some flowers to mine if I can get to Home Depot.

L&G played outside until a late lunch at 1:30, and then we went to the pool from 2:30 to 5. A fun time all around. I read by the side of the pool while L&G swam--the promised land of community pool visits. I'm so glad I'm not one of the moms hovering over barely-walking toddlers anymore!!

I let the girls buy Push Pops at the pool today. They were overwhelmed. They'd never had anything so fun, so delicious. I love that they're so easily pleased.

More outside playing and dinner, more reading, some cleanup, and bedtime. A fun day.

Lucia and Greta have been referring to each other exclusively as "Sis." "Sis, come here!" "Sis, where are you?"


Comments