Summer: Sun., 9/1

We love our Farrah. She is the sweetest. She had a good first day. She is still not sure about any of this--has a worried look on her little face and is still not eating. She threw up once under the couch--maybe too many treats to encourage pottying and walking on the leash? Who knows. She also napped a lot. Of course I've found a million reasons to worry about her and am very glad we have a vet appointment on Tuesday--I have so many questions.

She did pretty well her first night in the crate, which is right next to my side of the bed. She was OUTRAGED when we put her in. Outraged. She was so calm and sweet and docile all day, and then we put her in the crate when we went to bed and she showed us that yes, she can bark and cry and whine along with the best of them. She went bananas. I'd read enough puppy books to know that taking her out was exactly what we shouldn't do, so I lay down in front of her crate and put my hands through the slats to pet her while I sang Twinkle Twinkle. She eventually quieted. We took her out a few times during the night, whenever she began to stir. She peed quickly each time, not wanting to stay outside, and fussed a bit less each time we returned her to her crate. She finally fell asleep for a longer stretch around 2:30, and slept till 6:30. So not bad for her first night.

She is so very very cute. I hope she settles in soon and feels safe and happy.

Comments