More Wildlife

The girls and I had most of the day to ourselves again today (Andrew flew to FL yesterday morning to get his dad and fly with him here today). We made bracelets with our remaining supplies; baked cookies from a tube and had Books & Cookies time outside, where we read Little Women at a table under a tree; took walks down the road; and--what else? Just spent the day. The hours just go by. For a while the girls were in their room typing up lists of supernatural powers they were making up. They did some Duolingo. They typed up a collaborative story. We all read. It's these long, idly filled days that I think will be what they remember about their time up here. No schedules, no scripted activities or camps, just...free time. A lot of it.

Also? I couldn't say this in yesterday's post because I didn't want to advertise my solitude but it is so so beautiful and fun here and also so completely scary and unsettling once the sun goes down. Especially when I'm here by myself, and the girls are asleep, as I was last night while Andrew was gone. I let them stay up late but they had to go to sleep eventually. I did manage to sleep for a while (left some lights on) but at 3:30am Farrah and I were both awake, watchful, listening. I was so happy when it was 6am and the sun was up. NOT a fan of being here alone. 

I saw a snake in the grass this morning when I took Farrah out. WILDLIFE. And tonight Andrew went outside after dark because of some planet alignment thing he wanted to see and then ran back in and slammed the doors because he heard something big "huffing." WILDLIFE. Not a fan. Not a fan. 







Comments