A Driving Scare

Oh my. I just went out to the bank to get a money order for our new apartment-signing tonight, and even though I'd carefully written out all the directions, I accidentally wound up on the freeway. "Noooooooo," I screamed as I was swept up into the traffic. I maintained my old-lady speed of 40, got off at the first exit and, after calling Andrew, managed to get home. I HATE DRIVING. No, let me amend that: I hate driving in a new place. I don't know what's wrong with me: I just cannot get the lay of the land here, road-wise. Andrew already knows what roads are parallel to which others, how to get to Target the back way, etc etc. Meanwhile, on the sheet of directions I've been keeping I have to write down everything, even which way to turn out of the MDPOE's parking lot. It just does not make sense to me. What I wouldn't give for a metro map right now--now that I can decipher in a heartbeat. I have to go pick Andrew up at work in a little while; let's hope I can stay freeway-free.

Comments