Summer: NH, Mon. 7/12

A cool, rainy day. We got out of the house while Andrew worked, and went to Old Navy. It's so rare that the kids can actually try on clothes before I buy them--I'm used to ordering several sizes in everything and just orchestrating massive returns--so I jumped on the chance to at least see what sizes they actually are in this one store. They each bought a sundress (not needed, but they've been anti-dress for so long that I will eagerly follow their newfound enthusiasm). They tried on a bunch of things. I have a good idea of their sizes. Now I need to repeat this process with all the other stores I regularly order from. Sigh.

The rest of the day: reading Harry Potter, playing Chinese checkers, reading, dinner, girls playing with AG dolls, walk with Farrah up the road. 

What we're reading:

Margo: The Portrait of a Mirror by A. Natasha Joukovsky (obnoxious, overeducated millennials, arch and witty dialogue, I'm enjoying it fully)

Andrew: The Passenger by Chaney Kwak

Lucia: The Unteachables 

Greta: Song for a Whale


Comments