Summer: Friday 6-14-24

 It was an unusually busy day at work, and I ended up walking down to campus and got to work at 7:00am. Lucia was still asleep; Greta was doing a workout in the basement; Andrew was still in Peru. I spent half a day in the office then walked home and spent the rest of the day working from home. 

Andrew finally did arrive home, and tonight we went to Alta Via to celebrate his birthday belatedly. Then we came home to open gifts and have cupcakes Greta made. A few days late, but nice nonetheless.

We are still struggling to find our summer footing. I've been so busy this week that the kids have been completely on their own, and the lack of structure is beginning to take its toll (see yesterday's post re: daily Cup Noodles as sole sustenance). To be fair, Lucia has been working hours each day on geometry, which leaves Greta at loose ends. Her work with a math tutor starts this coming week, and hopefully she'll give her a plan for some daily work to do to start seventh-grade math a little bit ahead. I think also that I've found a Spanish class for them, which I'll try to set up once we're back from NH.

So we're cobbling. It will be better when we're in NH and I have a bunch of days off for some regular summer togetherness. 

Comments