Summer: Tuesday 6-25-24

The rain is gone and it was a beautiful day. Unfortunately, I had to work; I took a lot of days off to be here, but I have to work a few days too. I had to put on makeup and do a bunch of zoom meetings. It felt very strange and wrong not to be doing regular NH things all day.

Andrew and Lucia worked on geometry, Greta read a lot, and the girls went to the pond. I joined them to read in hammocks in the afternoon. They had an online math tutoring appointment at 4, then we went up to our cousins' house for a drink (me and Andrew) and a swim in the pool (the girls).

Andrew grilled burgers and zucchini for dinner. The girls read while he cooked; they're tearing through their books from Books-A-Million. It was a late dinner, and by the time we made a fire in the fire pit, it was pitch black outside and all kinds of WILDLIFE began to emerge. Well, we didn't actually see anything emerge, but we began hearing significant rustlings in the woods, barn, and pond, so we went inside. I like being outside here until around 8:30, 9:00 at the latest. Then it just becomes too too too dark.

What We're Reading

Margo: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (a YA book Greta has pressured me to read)

Andrew: the Eric Larson

Lucia: Finished Inheritance Games #2 (The Hawthorne Legacy); began Inheritance Games #3 (The Final Gambit) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Greta: Throne Crow Raven Crown Blood Death Mortal Dagger (jk. She read An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson from beginning to end between last night and this afternoon, then began Dreams Lie Beneath by Rebecca Ross. I cannot keep these books straight, and she goes through them so fast I've just given up.)








Comments