Summer: Monday 6-17-24

I started the day with my Couch to 5K training and was outside, in running clothes, at 6:15am. This is only my fourth session, and so far I have not "seen the light" and discovered the "magic of running." I dislike it as much as ever. The bright side of being out in the neighborhood so early is that the baby bunnies are out too, nibbling grass and hopping around. I look for them, and count them, as a way of distracting myself from the arduous physical ordeal of my thirty-minute walk/run. Today I counted ten buns. So cute.

I worked from home today, Andrew went into the office, Lucia did boatloads of geometry, Greta read and did some paper mache. Then they both engaged in some slime-making. Needless to say, the basement has been destroyed, as neither the paper mache nor the slime has reached its conclusion. There's nothing to do but just keep the door closed and let the screen-free summer entertainment continue. As everyone knows, I'm not allergic whatsoever to a summer-activity mess. 

Tonight the girls and I went to see Inside Out 2 at the Manor. We all loved it. Then the girls swung for a while and Andrew and I replanted some day lilies and made a half-hearted attempt at some weeding.

My to-do list today was wide-ranging: I bought Sandcastle tickets for Wednesday; arranged Spanish classes for the kids for early July; reserved bikes for Cape May at the end of July; and purchased Hamilton tickets for September. A day of checked boxes.

What We're Reading

Margo: The Paris Novel by Ruth Reichl (not sure I'm going to make it through; it's a library book and I want to return it before we leave for NH)

Andrew: the new Eric Larson (the title is too long and boring to remember)

Lucia: Snow Globe (a dystopian novel described as "Hunger Games" meets "Squid Game" or something like that)

Greta: Reign Crown Prince Queen Medieval Rival Darkness Death Destiny (some arrangement of these words is definitely what she's reading right now)

Watching: the girls are watching The 100 (an episode with their lunch each day; Lucia's seen the whole seven seasons and is rewatching them with Greta); Lucia and I are continuing season 2 of One of Us Is Lying




Comments