Summer: Sat., 8/26 - Sun., 8/27

Sat., 8/26

A lovely summer Saturday, with fall definitely in the air. We had the Kecks over for the afternoon--they drove in from Brooklyn. Barbra and I left the kids with Andrew and Chris and went to a rummage sale, and then we relaxed while the kids played in the basement and outside. We had lunch on the patio. A great visit. None of the kids wanted the day to end.

Later, I worked on a photo book and watched House of Cards, and Andrew went to a neighbor's to watch a boxing match.

Sun., 8/27

I went to yoga this morning and then we just relaxed around the house. L&G got some Splashlings, played outside, put on some dress-up clothes. We read some of The Doll People Set Sail. Later in the afternoon, we all went for a walk on the Fairy Trail in the reservation. Super fun.

Back home, the kids played while I worked out some of my back-to-school anxiety by organizing anything that crossed my path. You should see my makeup drawer! And the space under the bathroom sink! And the girls' bookshelves! I also worked on another photo book. Tonight it's so cool outside it feels like October.

Comments