Summer: Tues., 8/15

I registered L&G for swimming lessons this morning--they'll be in Level 2 and Level 3. Greta probably isn't *quite* ready for Level 2, and Lucia is *almost* ready for Level 4, but this was the best I could do schedule-wise (and it's what their teachers from the last session recommended).

It was a rainy day. We played games in the basement (the family fun room, as we call it): two rounds each of Uno, Chutes & Ladders, and dominoes. Then I taught them Parcheesi. I'd forgotten how many rules there are, but they were getting into it. We finished The Runaway Dolls and read some of a Heidi Heckelbeck book. There were mentions of mimes and moonwalking in the Heidi Heckelbeck book, which led to me showing them YouTube videos of mimes and Michael Jackson, including the Thriller video.

After lunch, we went to the library, the post office, and Target. When we got home, I made a huge bowl of popcorn, and we sat on the couch for an hour and read the new library books. Then they watched an Elena episode while I made tacos. And that was the day.

It was pretty nice all around--no notable squabbling. I will say, though, that getting Lucia to do her math workbook pages is difficult. And I myself have trouble figuring out some of the math. Sigh.

I'm making progress on my 2017 resolution to get the best of my digital photos from 2009 to the present into photo books--hard copies, lined up on a bookshelf, that we can all look through. This is time consuming and somewhat impossible, since I feel like any picture I don't choose is being relegated to a digital boneyard, but it's important, and I WILL do it.

Comments