Summer: Thurs., 6/28

The cleaners came this morning (Lucia was still sleeping) so after breakfast we left the house for a while. We went to the mall so the girls could pick out their free book for the Barnes & Noble summer reading program, and they each picked out another book too (I can't deny them a book when they're so excited about finding something new to read). I had a return to make at the mall so we did that. Then we went to the post office. When we got home, the cleaners were still there, so we hung out upstairs while they cleaned downstairs. I began a new sewing project: a lined zippered pouch, courtesy of a YouTube tutorial.

After lunch, each girl had a friend over to play. They had so much fun. We made slime and then they were off and running--playing with L&G's puffy slime from yesterday, putting on dress-up clothes, creating and rehearsing a play that they put on for me and one of the other moms at pickup time. It was a good playdate. (I folded laundry, paid bills, and worked on zippered pouches.)

Then the girls and I packed for NH--we leave tomorrow for our Fourth of July visit, our longest visit of the year.

Tonight, once Andrew got home, I went to my favorite rummage sale at a local church and of course found some good things: lots of fabric, zippers, and trim; six books, two mugs, and curtains for the porch.

Off to finish packing now. Ten days of NH ahead.

Comments