Summer: Wed., 6/27

We spent the day at home. It was a summer day that just galloped peacefully along as we did everything and nothing. In summary:

  • I went to CVS and Trader Joe's this morning before Andrew left for work. I drove all the way there, went through the CVS checkout to buy wart medicine (*shudder*), and realized my wallet was back home in the pool bag. Repeated the entire errand.
  • I read more of Harry Potter 2 to the girls after they ate breakfast. 
  • We went outside, where they attempted to balance on a training-wheel-less bike, and we set up our fairy gardens. 
  • We had lunch. 
  • I helped the girls make puffy slime. 
  • They played with puffy slime for a long time. 
  • We read the rest of Harry Potter 2. Carmel Judy (Lucia's favorite of my old Cabbage Patches) was so frightened she was crying.
  • We went through some bins of toys to weed out some donations. 
  • Somehow all the old My Little Pony stuff came out of the crawl space for Greta. 
  • It appeared that Greta was acting out some kind of pony play while Lucia strummed a dramatic musical accompaniment on a toy guitar. 
  • We did a couple of old puzzles to make sure the pieces were there before I donated them. 
  • We de-cluttered the entire house since the housecleaners come tomorrow. 
  • L&G watched an episode of Just Add Magic.
  • I cooked dinner, and we ate it.
  • Bathtime.
  • Wart treatment. (*shudder*)

And that was the day.


Comments