Day Trip

We took a trip to Hanover today. The kids had never been there, and I'd only been a couple of times, easily thirteen or more years ago. We made a quick stop at Walmart so the kids could each buy two clearance Mini Brands (series 3) blind bags with money they'd earned from summer work, and then we drove on. First we walked to the Dartmouth campus and tried to instill a little academic motivation in the kids (they seemed oblivious). Then we spent some time in True North bookstore; Andrew and I each bought a book, and the kids each picked out two books. Then we went to lunch at Molly's, where we sat outside (back to that, I guess). The girls opened their Mini Brands, generating an enormous amount of trash from the wrappings, and then did some trading of the tiny little foods. (I love Mini Brands. If they'd existed in the eighties I would have had a gazillion of them.) I had a margarita with black salt. Then we drove home.

We played Rummikub in the afternoon, did a mile run, and sat around the firepit. A pleasant day. (Pleasant except for the off-the-charts whining about the run. It's annoying because I, too, hate running, but since they complain so much I'm forced to be A Good Example and be all gung-ho and positive, when really I'm complaining silently right along with them.)

What We're Reading

Lucia - about to start The Cousins by Karen McManus

Greta - Greenglass House

Andrew - Hanged

Margo - Hurricane Girl (today's purchase)

Read aloud - Little Women (we'll finish it this week)








Comments