Rain All Day

It rained all day today. It was actually fine having an inside day, since yesterday we'd been so busy. The girls and I made some bracelets, played three games of Rummikub, went for our mile run, and read on the couch. (Greta ran with me; we had to stop twice to squire tiny red efts off the road and back into the woods so they wouldn't get run over.) The kids played Roblox and worked on their joint story.

We had one encounter with WILDLIFE, right in our kitchen. I was standing in the kitchen when I saw something run behind the toaster oven; soon, a tiny mouse peeked out. It was unafraid of me and the kids, even though I was stomping my foot, trying to scare it away. Instead of running away, it made itself comfortable on the stove top, nibbling at a few cake crumbs while the kids and I took pictures of it like we were paparazzi. It was adorable. It ran across various counters and slid into a tiny slot between wall and counter next to the sink. Andrew, who had been at the grocery store, was less charmed.

What We're Reading

Lucia - I'll Never Tell (she finished it)

Greta - between books; she spent today rereading parts of Magnus Chase #3

Margo - The Likeness

Andrew - Born to Be Hanged

Read aloud - Little Women (we just read the chapter of Amy writing letters home from Europe, when she's promising not to be "rash" in her dealings with Fred Vaughn, and when Lucia said she was going to look outside to see if there was a puddle at the end of the driveway, Greta told her not to be "rash")




Comments