Wild Children

The girls and I had a night ALONE last night, the worst, and I hardly slept--Lucia woke up at one point to go to the bathroom; Farrah was restless, hopping on and off the bed, looking for Andrew (I assume); a strong wind was blowing, and I was worried it would blow open the kids' door and Nutmeg would escape; there were strange noises; there were mice in the walls; I was certain I heard a car door close softly. Etc. It was not a good night's sleep.

But morning came and the day went on nicely. The kids did some summer work, finishing up a few of their punch cards in anticipation of a shopping trip to Hanover tomorrow. We took our mile run. (I seem to be getting worse at running the more I do it.) Lucia took a lightning-fast dip in the pond to cool off, setting out in a raft, rolling off, then scrambling back on. We played Rummikub and Chinese Checkers. Lucia made the TikTok pasta (tomatoes + feta) for dinner. (The kitchen here is a challenge to cook in, to say the least, but she did her best and I helped with pouring boiling water into the alarmingly shallow sink, etc.)

The kids were WILD at bedtime tonight. Hilarity and more hilarity. Obviously this is preferable to the squabbles but it is so, so, so loud and wild right when my energy level is at zero. The picture here is the more peaceful time while we were reading Little Women. Greta was sketching cats. Lucia was drawing mushrooms she'd taken pictures of on a walk, looking up their names, then labeling and coloring them. (SCIENCE!)

Andrew is now back from delivering his dad to Florida. One more week here and we'll be making our return to PA life.

What We're Reading

Lucia - Aru Shah #5

Greta - Whiz Mob and the Grenadine Kid (she finished it)

Andrew - Hanged etc

Margo - This Time Tomorrow (finished it)

Read aloud - Little Women






Comments