Summer: Wed., 7/11

L&G continue to love their art classes, especially the polymer clay class. They emerge each day spilling over with news of what they'd worked on, and what they were able to bring home. They learned about King Tut in their Egypt class.

I'd invited their friends (and their moms) to come home with us after classes today for lunch and playing. I picked up a pizza and we all ate outside on the patio. These friends like coming over because they know I'll make slime with them, with the slime kits I made the kids for Christmas, so we gathered on the front porch and each made a bowl of puffy slime. Then they ran off and weren't heard from again for a couple of hours--they were all playing in the basement, dressing up and rehearsing a play, which they then performed for the moms. A really fun afternoon all around.

Later, L&G and I cleaned up (a lot) to prepare for housekeeping tomorrow. Then dinner and piano practice and bedtime. It was a busy day.

Oh, and there's this: on Tuesday, Lucia came home from art complaining that she and Greta had been late every day for their first class, and she didn't want to be late again. I was surprised, because I'd gotten them there easily a few minutes before nine, the start time, each day. So today, I got them there even earlier, about ten minutes till nine. Lucia was very irritated that they were late again, last to arrive, missing the start of the craft. Suspicious, I checked my registration email, and found that the start time is 8:45, not 9. Mom fail. I'm the most organized person on earth until I'm not. I promised them they'll be THE FIRST ONES THERE tomorrow.

Comments