A Lot of Updates

We drove home from NH on Sunday 7/9. It was a pretty easy drive, despite some heavy rain. I either drove or sat behind the driver so the seatbelt wouldn't touch my shoulder area, which was still hideously inflamed and sore. We were all happy to get home and turn on the AC.

On Monday 7/10, I went to see an NP at my doctor's office. She diagnosed cellulitis and prescribed an antibiotic, telling me to go to the ER if it got any worse. Monday night, I had dinner with old friends, and Beth advised me to trace the infection so I could clearly see if it grew. Overnight, it did. But I was on antibiotics, so I gave it all day Tuesday to improve. It didn't.

Wednesday 7/11, I woke up with more redness than ever, and it hurt to lift my arm. So I went to the ER, where I got some IV antibiotics. What a hideous day. 

Thursday 7/12, I had a video call with my doctor, who prescribed still another antibiotic. 

Today, Friday 7/13, I'm finally seeing improvement. I can only hope this is the upswing. The only thing not improving is my other arm, which is very very sore from the IV. I can't imagine it's possible to have an infection there with all these meds in my system, but I guess anything is possible at this point. I'll keep an eye on it etc.

AND. In the midst of all this, doctor's appointments and prescriptions and taking horrendous pictures of my infection every day to track its progress, I got a phone call from the hiring manager on Thursday for the CMU job I've been interviewing for. I was in the car on my way home from RiteAid, so I missed the call, but when I called back I got the news I hadn't even really allowed myself to hope for: I got the job. I got the job! I'll share all the details next week once I officially receive and sign the offer letter. It's exciting and life-changing, to say the least. It's a brand-new chapter. 

So. A lot, a lot, a lot has happened this week. Highs, lows. (The ER was the lowest of lows.) I'm just so happy to be able to relax now for the next couple of weeks, enjoy crocheting my amigurumi without the hysterical fever pitch, read some books, enjoy summer, have fun at Cape May. And then! A new job will begin. I'm still wrapping my mind around it. 

Comments