Packing Day

We leave for Cape May tomorrow! We are all so excited. Less exciting is the immense amount of cleaning and packing a week away requires. We're having a pet sitter stay at our house for the week, so we had to make the house livable. And I absolutely have to have a perfectly clean, de-cluttered house to return to. We do a major house clean before every trip. 

Today was made more complicated by--you guessed it!--Nutmeg. Last night Greta told me she saw Nutmeg nibbling on the water supply line behind the toilet--something I'd read about in one of my bun groups but never thought Nutmeg would do. My mind full of visions of thousands of dollars of water damage from a mostly unsupervised Nutmeg this week, I went to Home Depot this morning to find a solution. I got a kind of jointed pipe thingy that Andrew was able to put over the supply line. Solved. Bun life!

Greta had a "training" session this morning for her contact lenses. Sadly, she was not able to get them in during the session, which, I mean, it's fine; contacts are hard to learn how to use, and she'll get it eventually. But now she won't be able to have them for the beach, which she really really wanted. Sigh. A small disappointment. 

Big, big news: my pink Birkenstocks arrived today! They are fabulous. They'll be coming with me to Cape May.

Yesterday I went to my first tennis clinic, and today I had a tennis lesson. My arm is about 98% back to nornal! It was, however, much too hot for tennis. Later in the day, Andrew and I took a break from cleaning to go for a swim. 

Farrah is mooning around the house, giving us heartbreaking looks. She knows we're leaving, and she's distraught. Leaving her is the worst part of Beach Week (any trip, really). I understand why rental owners don't want dogs staying in their houses, but what they don't understand is that OUR dog is mostly a person. She doesn't chew, shed, or cause chaos (i.e., she's not Nutmeg). She just wants to be with us. *sob* 

Next time I post, my skin will be coated with sand!

Comments