Go Away, Shingles

The shingles are becoming more irritating by the day, even as the meds continue to do their work. It's just hard to have anything at all touching that skin. Even air from a fan irritates it. There is now a red double-halo instead of just a solid red halo. I know I'll wind up at the doctor next week at some point, but maybe things will improve once the weeklong prescriptions conclude.

My stress level is not helping the healing process. I had a follow-up Zoom interview this morning, and just as I sat down to connect, I realized two things: the interviewer had not sent a Zoom link, and our handyman had just started some deafening weed-whacking at the back of the house, five feet from where I was sitting. Farrah was barking. It was chaos. ACTIVATE SHINGLE. 

Then I got a message later in the day asking for a quick phone call from the same person, no hint of the subject matter. ACTIVATE SHINGLE.

I have never manifested stress so physically before. 

Anyhoo! There were nice parts of the day too. The girls and I read in hammocks while Andrew had an interview. It was very very hot, and the kids played raucously in the pond. Greta and Andrew went for a run then jumped into the pond. It rained a lot later in the evening, and we went out to dinner at Pizza Chef. I finished my amigurumi wheel of brie, and began a small brie wedge, which I can't finish till I get back home since I ran out of fiberfill. 

Tomorrow we pack up and shut down and prepare to leave. It's always amazing how fast our time here goes. 

Wildlife report: Odette made an appearance, her usual route along the back of the house. Greta took pics.



Comments