Traipsing Along

Summer keeps traipsing along. It's been a nice week--the kids had tennis lessons, we had dinner at the club with Mom and Dad (and the kids swam), there's been some reading, the girls and I are trying to learn how to play Wingspan. Today I edited my final application essay--I resigned from the freelance gig, since there's no way I can keep doing it once I start my new job. I liked the editing a lot, and edited around 70 essays. Maybe I'll take on some individual clients at some point. For now, though, one job will be enough.

I went to the doctor yesterday morning to get my arm checked out. The good news is that my cellulitis is pretty much gone; the bad news is that my arm will take a while to recover, thanks to thrombophlebitis. There's no real treatment, just warm compresses and time. Sigh. I had to do more bloodwork to see if my wildly out of whack numbers had stabilized, and they have. Almost, but not quite, at the end of this saga.


What We're Reading

Margo: Finished The Guest by Emma Cline; started Summer Stage by Meg Mitchell Moore

Lucia and Greta: books in The Red Queen series (I've lost track of which one they're on; they love it)

Andrew: The Cult of We







Comments