The Sandwich

Andrew made beef sandwiches tonight, the kind featured in the TV show The Bear, from a recipe I found in the LA Times. We're obsessed with this show, and even more obsessed with the sandwich, and this did not disappoint. All of us loved it. Andrew now goes around calling all of us "Chef." 

I tried to get a little head start on beach packing today, just the clothes. I did all the laundry. The kids had piano lessons and tennis lessons. We went for a swim. Lucia got in a snit because I bought Greta a book for the beach, the same one Lucia is currently reading from the library, and Lucia said if she was unable to finish her library book then she should get to read Greta's book, even though that would mean Greta wouldn't have a book at the beach, etc etc. She ended up nearly finishing the book today as she rage-read, making the whole argument superfluous. 

I'm working on a smaller amigurumi pig. These long spells of crocheting are going to come to an end soon. My goal is now to miniaturize my amigurumi creations, with the goal of getting them down to palm size or smaller.  

Yesterday the girls and I went to the Carnegie Museum of Art to see an exhibition of Joan Brown paintings. Then we did some shopping--sneakers for the kids for school, works shoes for me, school supplies. Then a swim and dinner at the club with Andrew. A nice day.

What We're Reading

Margo: The Lost Apothecary by Sarah Penner (this book was overly hyped on Instagram and I found it at a used book sale; we'll see how it is)

Andrew: The Cult of We

Lucia: War Storm

Greta: I'm actually not sure what she's working on. She's meandering through random books right now as she waits to read War Storm, the fourth in the Red Queen series she and Lucia have been reading.

Comments