Summer: Tuesday 7-16-24 thru Saturday 7-20-24

Daily blogging got away from me this week. Some highlights:

Lucia continued to diligently study geometry and took her exam yesterday, Friday. We are all anxious to get her score. She was so stressed out when she got home that she cleaned out the Tupperware cupboard, organized the dishware cupboard, organized the snack cupboard, and baked pumpkin bread. 

We went on a family run on Thursday at Frick Park. Well, more or less. Lucia was joining the upper school XC team for a "fun run," and the rest of us ran too (not with the team, of course). Andrew and Greta ran three miles while I heaved through whatever mileage was my allotment for the day. 

Greta spent Friday afternoon with some friends, hanging out and swimming at a friend's house. Lucia also went to a friend's house Friday night. Meanwhile, I went to the pool to have a glass of prosecco, read, and chat darkly with my friend about the state of the world while we floated. Andrew and Greta eventually joined me and we had dinner there. 

Today Andrew left for Peru. I went for my "run" this morning--a horrendous twenty-two minute run was the allotment for the day, with no breaks for walking. I saw 9 bunnies, and the 9th was the size of my palm, so there was a small reward for this torture. 

The girls slept till noon. We spent the day reading, the girls baked some things from boxes (blondies, pumpkin bread), we experimented with wax seals, and we watched The Age of Adaline. 

What We're Reading

Margo: Earlier in the week, read Long Island Compromise by Taffy Brodesser-Akner. Absolutely spectacular. Finished The Plot by Jean Hanff Korelitz (this was a reread; I love this book and have the brand-new, not-yet-released sequel to read, so I wanted to refresh my memory before diving in). I started but ended up skimming There Is No Ethan, a memoir about three women being catfished by the same man. I started and finished It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover, because I finally had to see what the whole CH fever is all about. (I skimmed from the second I saw that the love interests' names were Ryle and Atlas. I mean, if you fall madly in love with not one but TWO men with names that are not really names, I think your fate is kind of sealed?)

Andrew: he packed some sort of history book for his trip; I fell asleep while he was telling me the title

Lucia: the final book in the Court series (A Court of Steel and Scissors? A Court of Dill and Parsley? no clue but it's almost 800 pages long)

Greta: absolutely no idea, she has lost me in the piles of rereads she's been engaged with

Comments