Summer: Wednesday 7-24-24

I came home around 2 today to work from home, and when I walked in the door I could hear loud singing from upstairs. Both girls were in Greta's room. Lucia was singing a made-up song at the top of her lungs and playing a ukulele, while Greta was doubled up with laughter on her bed. They barely even registered that I was home. Sometimes, like yesterday, when I learned that Lucia ate nothing all day but a bowl of instant ramen, I feel bad about them being home by themselves all day. Sometimes, like today, I feel like they're just fine.

We played two rounds of Unstable Unicorns when I was done with work. We went to the club tonight for dinner and a quick swim, then came home to watch Biden's address and then a couple of episodes of Schitt's Creek. 

What We're Reading

Margo: The Sequel

Andrew: finished The Winter Soldier by Daniel Mason (a novel!); started Los Genios by Jaime Bayly (he bought it in Lima this week) (He texted me a reading update today for me to include in this blog!)

Lucia: Throne of Glass (she doesn't like this as much as the Court series)

Greta: Even If We Break by Marieke Nijkamp

Comments