Summer Day 6/23

Both girls slept in till 8:30--wish that happened every day, especially with my goal of getting up at 5:30 (not that I've done that yet, but that's what I'm aiming for).

I'm trying to figure out what our daily schedule will be, and it seems like the day is in three parts: something in the morning, lunchtime and rest, and something (pool) in the afternoon. We'll see how this goes. I think it's best for all of us if the days have a familiar rhythm.

So, today, we went to the library in the morning so the girls could sign up for the summer reading club. They put together their mobiles, which hang in the library all summer, and then we picked out a bunch of books. They were very very very excited and we read a lot on the porch as soon as we got home. Both have taken a liking to the Ivy and Bean series, which I actually like.

We had lunch and quiet time. Greta really likes doing pages of her preschool workbook so she did some of that--practicing writing capital letters. Lucia looked at some books and then played with ponies and legos.

Pool time. They had a lot of fun, hitting their pool stride. They wore themselves out.

Comments