Summer Day 6/29

Dragged both kids with me to the chiropractor this morning. Then we went to the zoo. Both girls were excited to feed birds in the aviary and ride the carousel. We also saw some wolves up close, and bears--preparation for our New Hampshire trip at the end of this week.

When we got home, L&G ran upstairs to "see their rooms," which is always exciting after the housecleaners have been here. Their rooms are always so tidy, with their stuffed animals arranged on their beds, and they played upstairs until lunchtime. Lucia played with Legos; Greta practiced writing some letters.

After lunch, quiet time. Then some snacks and reading on the porch. Then the pool, where the kids had a lot of fun as usual. We finished our pool visit with ice cream treats from the snack bar.

Bedtime was crazy. Neither girl would stay in bed and I was trying, of course, to get some work done. Greta wound up falling asleep on my bed with all the lights on. Lucia cried at the injustice of being told to go to sleep. They were both up at 6:30am this morning, with an active day behind them--their exhaustion took a turn for the chaotic. Sigh.

A nice day, bedtime excepted. The first couple days of summer left me feeling like I'd been hit by a school bus, but I'm slowly acclimating to the new energy requirements, and look--it's 9:20pm, and I'm not asleep on the couch yet!






Comments