Summer: Tues., 8/7

Another playdate, another quick day. A different friend of Lucia's came over this morning, and all three kids played together, and I helped them make some super-glittery slime. When her mother came to pick her up, she took both Lucia and Greta with her too, to continue the playdate at her house. So it turned into a double playdate, and they kids had a blast.

In my little window of free time, I went to Target to buy school supplies--already late to the party, I realized, with most of the bins already empty. Sigh. There are many weeks until school starts, but people are really aggressive with their school shopping around here. But I got what I needed, more or less. I'm glad I didn't wait another week, though.

Once L&G were back home, we went to the library and then to the pool. It was a blazingly hot day (again) and this is really a lifesaver. When we came home I made a quiche and the girls played with their slime. Then we had to clean up the entire house because the housekeepers are coming tomorrow. This time, the most arduous mess was my own--piles of fabric had overtaken the "dance room" (the sunroom on the second floor) and I had to wrestle them into submission (i.e., fold them all and put them into a three-drawer storage bin thing I bought at Target today).

I'm going to publicly vow, tonight, on this blog, that I WILL STUFF AND SEW POT BELLY, SEW HOMER'S ARM, SEW CARAMEL JUDY'S ARM, and FIX THE RIBBON ON JOANNA'S SLEEPER before we leave for Cville on Sunday. The girls are desperate for me to perform these surgeries on their beloved toys, but every night, when I sit down and actually have the time to do this, I do something else. NO LONGER. I can't do it tonight...it's already too late...and tomorrow is Shakespeare in the Park...but Thursday. Definitely Thursday. Or Friday.

Comments