Quarantine: Mon. 3/23

So my bread last night was a disaster. Instead of a warm loaf of wheat bread, after three hours I had a torn-up, half-baked pile of dough and unmixed flour. Any number of things could have gone wrong. BUT! I tried again this morning and wound up with a lovely small loaf of perfectly baked white bread. Success. As long as I can keep us stocked with flour and yeast (not so easy), we'll be set for bread.

Lucia had hours of schoolwork today, so the morning was focused on actual homeschooling for her, while Greta worked on schoolwork and then typing and addition facts. After lunch, more schoolwork for Lucia. The girls had a Zoom call with their sewing teacher. Then the girls played with LOL dolls while I paid a stack of bills, and then we mixed up some Snow in a Can, and that was the afternoon. Later in the day, I took Farrah and the kids on a rain walk. I feel like I can't relax yet during the day--our new routine is just too new--but our walk was a peaceful moment. It was very very quiet and we didn't pass even one other person. L&G cleared leaves and sticks from storm drains along the way. Farrah sniffed at all the rain-soaked grass and plants. The rain didn't let up all day and it still coming down.

We got a grocery delivery today from Amazon Fresh--yay!--and had pan-fried cheeseburgers for dinner, along with leftover Five Guys fries. Two more orders are supposed to arrive Wednesday. Progress.









Comments