Quarantine: Wed. 3/18

We did a little better with scheduling today, but there still wasn't enough time to fit in everything we wanted to do. I think I need to adjust my expectations for what we can and should realistically squeeze in each day. After all--we have time to do absolutely everything we could possibly want to do. We don't have to do it all this week. Or next. (Or next or next...)

Here's a rundown of today:

Schoolwork
Typing
Kids played outside / I exercised
Lunch
Mo Willems doodling (a highlight of the quarantine so far)
More doodling
Kids Facetimed with Mom and Dad, while I baked banana cake
Learned to play Zombie Kidz; played three times
Ate banana cake
Reading
Playing outside / riding bikes
Reading and doodling, basement playing
Dinner
Piano practicing
Watched season one, episode one of Fuller House (FAIL. I cannot stress enough how HORRIFIC this show is. We won't be watching another one.)

That's a full day. We have a lot of crafting and sewing goals that aren't yet fitting in, but like I said--there's time. I had a five minute spell this morning of deciding I'd implement a rigorous Khan Academy curriculum, but I'm not going to do that. At least not this first week, ha ha ha.

I've had little appetite and stomach pain all week and I can't decide if it's just anxiety or an ulcer or--who knows what else. I won't be googling it. There's enough to freak out over. The kids are getting ready for bed now and I'm counting the seconds till I can lie down on the couch and watch Schitt's Creek and read The Illness Lesson (by Clare Beams).








Comments