Quarantine: Wed. 3/25

Homeschool is now extended till April 17. I'll be surprised if it's not cancelled for the rest of the year. It's so bafflingly huge--all this--that it's hard to really digest. We blinked, and there was no more school.

I got three grocery deliveries today. My panic-shopping has finally yielded actual food in the fridge. We'd planned to buy a chest freezer to hold all the extra, but we got to this too late, and no chest freezers are available anywhere. So we have to reorganize the two freezers we do have. It'll be okay. I was hoping to do a lot of cooking and freezing, but I'll be happy now to just get the meat safely frozen.

Andrew and I planned to cook salmon tonight, because I'd received a wrapped seafood-like parcel from Whole Foods yesterday. Andrew prepared everything and when we unwrapped the parcel we discovered it held ground beef, not salmon. Two steaks had also arrived so we cooked that instead, along with some asparagus and potatoes and kale salad. A nice quarantine dinner.

Schoolwork. Typing. Xtra Math addition facts. A game of Zombie Kidz. Lucia made grilled cheese sandwiches for herself and Greta. A walk around the block with Farrah; the girls carried rakes to continue clearning storm drains. L&G played for most of the afternoon in the basement; dress-up clothes were involved. We had a Zoom call with Mom, Dad, Molly, and Luca. I started a new circular weaving. I did some work on my author website. (Oh, right, there's a new book on the horizon. Hard to even remember that part of my life right now.) The girls were thrilled that ginger ale arrived in one of the grocery shipments, and Andrew made them Shirley Temples tonight while I read some of On the Banks of Plum Creek.

I am so tired.





Comments