QUARANTINE!

TBH, I had to double-check how to spell "quarantine" when I set out to write this post. I've never had reason to write the word. And now--well. L&G are at school today, but I expect a school closure email to come in at any moment. I am 99.9% certain they'll be home for the forseeable future, and this is as it should be. These are scary and uncertain times.

Also TBH, I'm excited to have them home, and not just for social distancing reasons. It's like summer is coming early, with the promise of long free days. Free-ish. I guess they'll still be getting schoolwork to do, but we don't know the shape of that so far. I myself am planning our own curriculum, involving a lot of crafting, playing, puppy training, and reading. (And also a lot of stress-cleaning. By the end of this, our house is going to be fully purged of all junk; all coins will be wrapped; all spring clothes will be tried on and sorted; and all closets will be newly light and organized.)

Since this is a summer-esque feeling, I'm going to be blogging regularly about how we spend these socially distant, self-quarantined days. I want to make sure we all remember them, good and bad and uncertainly in between.

Comments