Summer: Thurs., 7/6

Another lovely NH day. We went on a nature walk this morning, and I collected some sticks for my next craft project--yarn wall hangings. Then Greta and Andrew went back into the woods to procure a log Andrew wanted for firewood, while Lucia and I went to the pond to catch fish in nets. Then Greta and Andrew joined us, and both girls caught fish.

After lunch, we went for a hike to the top of Mount Ascutney--the girls' requested activity for the day. They love this hike, and they're pretty intrepid. We hiked to the observation tower, had a quick break, and then hiked down. It's a 1.4-mile-round-trip hike. Both kids handle it without breaking a sweat.

We got ice cream afterwards at our favorite place, and then went home for dinner of pesto and grilled chicken. While Andrew and I cooked, L&G played in the yard with plastic pots and pans, cooking up more brews. They also had an elaborate game going on where they'd call each other on large stones (their phones), begin talking, and then realized they lived right next door to each other and would rush out to meet. Too funny. I love the things they find to do up here. They are never at a loss. They took another stone-and-wildflower walk tonight too.

I hate that it's Thursday already. I want to stay here all summer. OR I WOULD, IF ANDREW WOULD CEASE THE ENDLESS, EAR-SPLITTING SCRAPING OF THE WALL PAINT.

Comments